January 24, 2020
Whole30 Creamy Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Warm-up with this delicious and creamy bowl of creamy Thai curry soup. This Whole-30 approved soup recipe makes healthy eating easy! This recipe makes meal planning a breeze as it serves 8 - 10 people. It's perfect to make ahead and have throughout the week! This recipe was created by our friend, Tory over at Nourishing The Glow.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups butternut squash, about 2 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cans of coconut milk, full fat
- Cilantro, chopped to garnish
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- Red Pepper flakes, optional
- Simple Mills crackers, for dipping
- In a large pot, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the ginger and curry paste, stir and allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in butternut and the chicken bone broth, stirring well to combine. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a bowl and then reduce heat to a simmer—and cover with a lid. Cook for 20 or until butternut squash is tender. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender (i did mine in 3-4 batches) and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture back into the pot and add the cans of coconut cream. Stir well to combine.
- Top with cilantro, red pepper flakes, more coconut milk, and cashews—the options are endless and serve!