June 12, 2019
Bone Broth Mashed Potatoes
Ah, mashed potatoes. One of this world's most wondrous comfort foods, and you can take even more comfort in these knowing that they're packed with extra nutrition including whole-food collagen, protein, and, most importantly: plenty of butter.
- 2 Pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 Large yellow onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Bonafide Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 8 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or pot and cover with 1” water over their tops. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat and add 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Cover and cook potatoes for 25 minutes until very fork tender. Drain and set aside to slightly cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add in diced onion and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add in bone broth and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes until the liquid begins to thicken up a bit. Stir frequently. When ready, transfer the onions to the bowl of potatoes.
- Add oil to pan and sauté garlic cloves on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Mash your potatoes using a potato masher.
- Add in coconut cream, butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Shop Our Bone Broth!