Ah, mashed potatoes. One of this world's most wondrous comfort foods, and you can take even more comfort in these knowing that they're packed with extra nutrition including whole-food collagen, protein, and, most importantly: plenty of butter.
- 2 Pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 Large yellow onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Bonafide Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 8 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or pot and cover with 1” water over their tops. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat and add 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Cover and cook potatoes for 25 minutes until very fork tender. Drain and set aside to slightly cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a large pan over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add in diced onion and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add in bone broth and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes until the liquid begins to thicken up a bit. Stir frequently. When ready, transfer the onions to the bowl of potatoes.
- Add oil to pan and sauté garlic cloves on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Mash your potatoes using a potato masher.
- Add in coconut cream, butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.