June 09, 2019
Gluten-free, Grain-free Fried Shrimp Tacos
Why wait for Tuesday? You can have tacos every day with this Bonafide, nutrient-packed recipe that's gluten-free, grain-free and 100% FULL of flavor.
- 1 1/2 - 2 Pound peeled and deveined wild-caught shrimp
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Fresh ground pepper
- Chosen Foods avocado oil for frying
- 2 - 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods avocado mayo
- 2 tablespoons Bonafide Chicken Bone Broth
- Pickled red onions
- Siete habanero & chipotle hot sauce
We LOVE Siete grain-free tortillas :)
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and pepper in a wide bowl. Dip shrimp in eggs then dredge in flour. Shake off excess and place on a baking sheet or plate. Repeat with all shrimp.
- When the oil is hot, start cooking shrimp in batches. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, flip and cook for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients for slaw into a bowl, toss until well combined.
- Heat Siete tortillas on the stove (we recommend frying in a little coconut oil to make them extra crispy), then assemble your taco!