June 11, 2020
Gluten-Free Pulled Pork Sandwiches
There's nothing better than a juicy and flavorful pulled pork sandwich. This recipe is perfect for a summer BBQ or a weeknight meal, as it's quick and easy and made in the Instant Pot!
- 4 lb organic bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 bag (24 fl. oz) Bonafide Provisions Chicken or Beef Bone Broth
- 1 bottle Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ sauce
- Organic Valley raw cheddar cheese
- Udi’s Gluten-free buns
- Organic coleslaw cabbage mix
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1-2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all of the seasonings in a small bowl and mix well to make the spice rub.
- Cut your roast into two pieces if needed to make it more manageable and fit easily. Massage the spice rub all over the meat. You may have some leftover if you have a smaller cut of meat.
- Place the pork into the Instant Pot skin side up and pour in the bone broth.
- Follow instructions for the Instant Pot based on the size of the roast. You want to make sure the meat shreds apart easily.
- While pork is cooking, mix mayo, apple cider vinegar, celery seed, and salt/pepper together to create coleslaw dressing. Pour dressing over cabbage and toss until combined, store in the fridge while pork continues to cook.
- Once the pork is done, let the pressure release naturally (about 10-15 minutes). Don't do a quick release.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and place it on a cutting board. Shred with two forks or tongs. Pour the BBQ sauce over the pork and mix it in. Place meat on a sheet pan, sprinkle with shredded raw cheese and broil until cheese is golden brown and pork begins to crisp.
- Melt butter in a skillet with sea salt and garlic, place buns open face down to toast. Sprinkle a little bit of water in the skillet to help steam the buns.
- Serve shredded pork on toasted bun and top with coleslaw. Enjoy!