This delicious and healthy jambalaya isn't missing a thing when it comes to cajun spices, plump shrimp perfectly browned andouille sausage and juicy chicken thighs. This recipe is simple and nutritious as it is made in the Instant Pot and is filled with our nutrient-dense bone broth.
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 12 oz Whole30 approved andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 organic chicken thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 small bell pepper, diced (any color)
- 2 tbsp Primal Palate New Bae seasoning
- 2 cups rice
- 1 can organic fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1 pound wild-caught large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional): green onion or fresh parsley
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and add avocado oil. Once heated, add in sausage and cook until browned. Remove and set aside
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add in veggies (onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper) and cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in Primal Palate New Bae seasoning, rice, fire-roasted tomatoes, Bonafide Provisions Chicken bone broth, bay leaf, and hot sauce. Stir to combine, then add in chicken and andouille sausage.
- Close instant pot set to manual high pressure for 7 minutes. Once 7 minutes is done, do a quick release to let out the pressure.
- Once you are able to lift the lid, give the cooked mixture a quick stir, then add in shrimp, cover with the lid and unplug the Instant Pot.
- Let the shrimp cook with the lid on for about 8 minutes or until shrimp is pink and fully cooked.
- Garnish with green onion or fresh chopped parsley.