This Mediterranean lentil salad is bright and flavorful, full of cucumbers, olives, and protein-packed lentils! This salad is perfect for a summer BBQ or as a side dish for any meal! Like this recipe? Check out our Roasted Farro Summer Salad!
- 1 cup whole, dried lentils
- 2/1/2 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Celtic sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Wash dried lentils, then add lentils and bone broth to a stainless steel pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low and allow the lentils to simmer until they are tender, 25-40 min depending on the size.
- Once the lentils are done, set aside and let cool.
- Combine avocado oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, and dried oregano, and set aside.
- Wash and chop all vegetable and olives, and place in a big serving bowl.
- Once lentils are cooled, add them to the vegetable & olives and toss until well combined.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, and toss. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.