This comfort food recipe is keto and paleo friendly and will keep you warm and nourished! This recipe can be made on the stovetop, the Instant Pot, or the Crockpot, whichever works best for you. This delicious beef & gravy can be served over a bed of mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes and served with a side of sautéed greens and vegetables.
- 1.5 - 2 lbs grass-fed sirloin tips or beef stew meat
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth or Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 1-2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice or paleo mashed potatoes.
- In a cast-iron skillet, melt 1 Tbsp ghee over med-high heat.
- Season meat with 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper, then add to the pan along with minced garlic. Cook meat on med-high heat until meat is browned.
- Pour in 2 cups of beef bone broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to med-low.
- Dissolve arrowroot starch with 2 tbsp water. Once fully dissolved, add to bone broth and meat. mixture.
- Add in remaining ghee, garlic & herb seasoning, bay leaf, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and let simmer covered on low until meat is tender and the gravy gets thick, approx. 30-45 min.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS
- Turn Instant Pot on and set to saute.
- While Instant Pot is heating, combine bone broth, dissolved arrowroot starch (dissolve in 2 tbsp water or bone broth), garlic & herb seasoning, bay leaf, and salt and pepper.
- Once heated, melt ghee and add meat and minced garlic. Cook until meat is browned, approx 5 min
- Add in the liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on and in the locking position with the vent sealed. Cook on high pressure for 10 min, then do a natural release.
- If gravy is not thick enough, add 1/2 tbsp dissolved arrowroot starch and place lid back on the Instant Pot for 5 min.
- Heat ghee over medium-high heat. Season meat with salt & pepper. Brown meat in the pan, about 4 min per side depending on size, then set aside.
- Add in garlic, bone broth, garlic & herb seasoning, and bay leaf into the crockpot. Then add in browned meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- The liquid in the crockpot will be thin. Take out 2-3 tablespoons of liquid and add in the arrowroot starch. Stir to dissolve starch, then add into the crockpot and let sit until liquid is at the desired thickness.