One of our favorite people, Rachel Mansfield created this genius nut-free and gluten-free chicken nugget recipe that incorporates our bone broth into the batter. They are crispy, salty, and a close dupe for the real thing! Check out her recipe below.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or tenders cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- Avocado oil or spray (bring out the bottle!)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and bone broth (please make sure the bone broth is defrosted and in liquid form)
- In another bowl, mix together flours and spices so everything is evenly combined
- Heat your cast iron skillet or grill pan of choice with a generous layer of avocado oil (if you want to make this recipe lighter, use spray but they won't be as crispy!)
- Using a fork (I used two) take a piece of the chicken and dip it into the egg and bone broth mixture, letting the egg drip off a bit
- Then take that piece of chicken and dip it into the flour mixture, pressing it down to make sure the flour is coated all over
- Add chicken to skillet and cook on medium heat
- Repeat for each piece of chicken and add more avocado oil occasionally to make sure the pan is always greased!
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce, over a salad, in tacos, anything!
*These will stay good in the fridge for about 5 days, reheat in oven or over greased skillet