This is a simple, yet delicious, paleo chicken recipe that will earn a spot in your weekly dinner rotation! This spicy glazed chicken is paired with sweet potatoes and bok choy for a delicious and nutritious meal! This recipe was created by our friend, Tory over at Nourishing The Glow.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- 3/4 cup honey
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon dried chili flakes (add more for desired heat)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cutlets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 head bok choy, chopped
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil, in a glass microwave-safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes for 40 minutes, or until tender. Halfway through the baking time, toss sweet potatoes so they cook on both sides.
- When the sweet potatoes have 10 minutes remaining, start the glaze. In a saucepan, add the vinegar, water, bone broth, honey, garlic, coconut aminos, chili flakes, and cumin—stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high eat. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot starch with 1 1/2 tablespoon water and add to glaze, stir to combine. Continue to simmer for 4 minutes, or until thickened to desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok, over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the bok choy to the skillet, toss to combine with the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add in the sweet potatoes, toss to combine. Then pour the glaze over the stir fry. Toss until well combined and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds.