Get your spoon and avocado ready! This Whole30 chicken tortilla soup will have you coming back for seconds! Our friends Tory over at Nourishing The Glow created this recipe and it will not disappoint!
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, seed removed, diced
- 2 green hatch chili peppers, diced or 1 can green chili peppers, drained
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 6 cups Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth
- 2 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 oz can chickpeas, drained (omit if Whole30 or Paleo)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- Natural Rotisserie Chicken, cubed
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla strips, I use Siete Almond Flour Tortillas
- avocado slices
- lime wedges
- fresh jalapeño slice
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil. Once the oil is preheated, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the jalapeños and green chilis. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, bone broth, tomatoes, chickpeas, lime juice, all the spices. Stir well. Add 3 cups of cubed chicken to the pot.
- Cover the pot with the lid and heat over high heat—being sure to stir often—bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Add coconut milk, stir well, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and top with fresh cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado slices, lime wedges, jalapeños, *store in an air-tight container for 6 days. Freeze for up to 6 months.