This rustic style turmeric and coconut chicken stew is packed with nutrients, whole-food collagen protein, and flavor! You can't beat that!
- 1-2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken thighs
- 3 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 can compliant coconut milk
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
- Celtic sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¼ tbsp turmeric
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Add all ingredients except for oil to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, shred chicken in the slow-cooker or remove chicken, place and baking sheet and dice into bite sized pieces
- Add oil to a Dutch oven over medium heat, then add chicken thighs and brown on both sides, approx. 3 minutes.
- Add the 1 cup of the bone broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits off the bottom on the pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let the stew simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and either shred or dice into bite sized pieces. Add the chicken back to the soup and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve on its own or over cauliflower rice.
- Top with fresh cilantro