There's nothing more comforting than a classic pot roast - but who wants to wait 8 hours to make it! This recipe lets you feast on perfectly seasoned, fall-apart-tender beef roast plus all the extras, like carrots, potatoes, onions and celery, in a fraction of the time.
- 3 lbs chuck roast trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups pearl onions or 1 white onion coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped long white potatoes
- 2 stalks of celery cut into large
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- Place the roast in the Instant Pot.
- In a blender, combine the diced onions, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and broth. Blend until smooth. Pour the sauce over the roast.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select “Manual”and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Open the lid, and stir in the carrots, pearl onions, potatoes, celery, and mushrooms. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select “Manual” and set the pot at HIGH pressure for 4 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully transfer the roast to a bowl and coarsely shred it, then transfer onto a serving platter. Arrange the vegetables around the meat.
- Serve the pot liquid as a sauce on the side.