Who doesn't love a crispy and flavorful falafel?! These can be served as an appetizer for a group, on a salad, meal prepped for the week, or they can be served in pita bread. There are endless opportunities with these delicious and crispy baked falafels!
- 1 ½ cups dried chickpeas, soaked in water overnight in the refrigerator
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne powder or red chili flakes
- 4 tbsp Bonafide Provisions bone broth
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: For yogurt dipping sauce combine 16 oz plain yogurt, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and salt to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with coconut oil or ghee and set aside
In a food processor, add presoaked and drained chickpeas, onion, parsley, cilantro, garlic, and spices. Once the mixture starts to combine and become a paste, slowly add in bone broth and lemon juice. Continue processing until the mixture is smooth.
Scoop out the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons, and shape into small patties. Place falafel onto the lined and oiled baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, remove baking sheet and flip falafels so both sides get crispy. After flipping, spray falafels with oil and place back into the over for an additional 10-15 min or until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.