This spinach and mushroom quiche is the perfect gluten-free dish to serve at brunch, or to meal prep for the week. Its loaded with veggies, healthy fats, and whole-food collagen protein.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 – 2 ½ cups mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 8 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 large pasture-raised organic eggs
- ¼ cup grass-fed heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- Celtic sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 gluten-free frozen pie crust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. If using frozen pie crust take that out to thaw and set aside.
- Heat ghee in large Dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, once melted add in onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add in spinach and stir until all spinach is wilted. Once veggies are done turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy whipping cream, bone broth, Celtic sea salt and pepper. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- Place pie crust on lined baking sheet, add vegetable mixture and spread evenly on the bottom of the pie crust, then pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until edges of the pie crust are golden brown and center of the quiche is no longer jiggling.