April 02, 2020
Grain-Free Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina
Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina is a classic dish from the small coastal town of Sorrento, near Naples, Italy. This is a healthified version of one of our favorite Italian dishes, and certainly won't disappoint!
- Cappello's Grain-Free Gnocchi
- Bone broth marinara sauce (click for recipe)
- 1-3 cups fresh spinach, adjust to your liking
- Spicy ground pork sausage
- OPTIONAL: Top with mozzarella, ricotta, or parmesan (omit the cheese for Whole30 and Paleo)
- Make bone broth marinara sauce. Find recipe here
- Brown sausage until golden brown
- Once the sausage is browned, add in marinara sauce and spinach, and cook until spinach is wilted. Turn the burner down to low and let sauce lightly simmer
- Cook gnocchi according to package
- Once done, add gnocchi to a bowl, spoon over the sauce, and mix until well combined.
- OPTIONAL: If adding cheese, put gnocchi and sauce into an oven-safe bowl, add the cheese, and let it sit under the broiler until cheese is bubbling.
- Buon Appetito!