Our friends at Teton Waters Ranch created this light and nutritious summer quinoa salad using our organic beef bone broth to cook the quinoa (a.k.a the BEST was to cook any grain) and incorporated roasted summer vegetables and grass-fed beef sausage. This is the perfect side dish to bring to any BBQ this summer!
- 2 packages TWR 100% Grass-Fed Beef Sausage
- 4 cups Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 3 cups Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1 bag Brussel Sprouts, cut in quarter pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 Red Onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 can Sweet Corn, drained
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
Lemon Citrus Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- 2 Lemons
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Dice brussels sprouts into quarters and lay out on a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper over the pan until all brussel sprouts are evenly covered. Place in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until browned on top.
- Add the quinoa, bone broth, and water to a medium-sized pot, bring to a boil.
- When boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer for 18-20 minutes. All liquid should be absorbed, if it is not, let simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside once all liquid is absorbed.
- Cut TWR 100% Grass-Fed Beef Dinner Sausages into angular, bite-sized pieces. Add sausages to a medium-sized pan over low-medium heat. Cook for 3-4 on each side, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cover a medium-sized pan with a light layer of olive oil and add the bite-sized bell pepper pieces to the pan. Cook for only 3 minutes so that the peppers soften but do not lose their crunch entirely. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Add diced cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, beans, corn, brussels sprouts, and peppers to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- To make the lemon citrus dressing, squeeze lemons, olive oil, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and mix together. Pour dressing over vegetables until all are evenly covered.
- Transfer the quinoa and dressed vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Add crumbled feta cheese and cut sausages, mix together until all ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the quinoa salad to a serving dish, garnish with finely chopped cilantro.
- Sit back and enjoy!