A simple, delicious, and healthy meal that is great for weeknights or meal prepping for the week. This Instant pot curry can be made in the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot, or on the stove. It is versatile, collagen-rich, and delicious!
- 7-10 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger root (fresh), chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3-4 tbsp ghee
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 14 oz can organic crushed or diced tomatoes
- 14 oz Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk, stirred well
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with cauliflower rice or white/brown rice cooked in bone broth
Instant Pot Instructions
- Combine spices in a bowl (masala powder, chili powder, turmeric, smoked paprika) and set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute function and add half of the ghee. Once the ghee is melted add in garlic, shallots, and ginger root. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add in spices and cook for an additional 1 min or until fully combined with vegetables. Add in cubed chicken thighs, tomatoes, chicken bone broth, and coconut milk.
- Close and lock the lid. Set Instant pot to manual high pressure for 10 min
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 min, then turn the valve to quick release
- Serve on cauliflower rice or steamed rice is not paleo or Whole30, garnish with fresh cilantro.