Craving cheesy potatoes? Here's the super healthy, nutrient-dense version packed with whole-food collagen protein and calcium.
- 4 large baked russet potatoes
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup grass-fed butter
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 3 cups grass-fed whole milk
- 1 24oz bag Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 ¼ cup shredded grass-fed cheddar cheese
- Grass-fed sour cream
- Celtic sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, then line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork, then rub with oil and season with Celtic sea salt. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until potato is soft/easily pierced with a fork.
- While potato is cooking, place Dutch oven over medium heat and cook bacon until crispy. Once bacon is done place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Add grass fed butter to the bacon grease and let it melt completely. Add the diced onion and let cook for 3 minutes. Then add gluten-free flour and whisk into a roux. Gradually start to whisk in milk, then bone broth. Whisk constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Once potatoes are done, remove from the oven and dice into chunks, then add to the Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a boil and make sure to stir frequently. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes use an immersion blender to blend the soup completely. Once the soup is thick and creamy, add in 1 cup cheddar cheese and melt completely.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and top with additional cheddar cheese, dollop of sour cream, chopped up crispy bacon, and chives.