February 10, 2021
Healthy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
This 15-minute wonder is so delicious and simple you will have this on repeat weekly.
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Celtic sea salt & fresh black pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
Orange Chicken Sauce
- ¼ cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Juice from 2 oranges, should be about ½ cup
- 1/3 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Zest of 1 orange
- Combine bone broth and arrowroot powder in a bowl to create a slurry, set aside. Take the rest of the sauce ingredients and combine into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. While that’s heating up, season chicken with sea salt and black pepper, then add to skillet. Brown chicken for 5 min.
- Add in orange juice mixture, carrots, and broccoli to chicken mixture and bring to a boil. Slowly add in slurry of bone broth and arrowroot powder, while whisking to combine.
- Allow mixture to boil until you’ve reached the desired consistency. If you want the sauce thicker add 1 tbsp bone broth to 1 tsp arrowroot, create a slurry, and add to the sauce to thicken.
- Once the sauce is just about done, add in the green onions and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and top with sesame seeds. Serve over cauliflower rice or any grain that you prefer.