This sweet and spicy paleo pumpkin chili is perfect way to end any fall or winter day. It's packed with nutrients and protein, and full of flavor! Perfect for a weeknight meal or to meal prep for the week.
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth or Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 1 can organic fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup Organic pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Heat avocado oil in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef and brown.
- Once meat is browned, add in onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add in bone broth, tomatoes, pumpkin puree, and spices, then mix until well combined.
- Bring chili to a boil, then turn heat down to med-low and let simmer for 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- If chili needs to be thickened, take 2-3 tbsp of liquid from chili and mix with 1 tbsp arrowroot powder. Stir until well combined then add into chili. Let simmer for additional 5 min to thicken up.
- Serve with dollop of dairy-free yogurt, dairy-free cheese, and cilantro/parsley (optional).
I wasn’t sure the way the amount of ground beef is printed ?
Does recipe require 2 pounds or 5 pounds ?