October 16, 2020
Paleo Pumpkin Chili
This sweet and spicy paleo pumpkin chili is perfect way to end any fall or winter day. It's packed with nutrients and protein, and full of flavor! Perfect for a weeknight meal or to meal prep for the week.
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth or Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 1 can organic fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup Organic pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Heat avocado oil in large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef and brown.
- Once meat is browned, add in onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add in bone broth, tomatoes, pumpkin puree, and spices, then mix until well combined.
- Bring chili to a boil, then turn heat down to med-low and let simmer for 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- If chili needs to be thickened, take 2-3 tbsp of liquid from chili and mix with 1 tbsp arrowroot powder. Stir until well combined then add into chili. Let simmer for additional 5 min to thicken up.
- Serve with dollop of dairy-free yogurt, dairy-free cheese, and cilantro/parsley (optional).
Shop Our Broth!
I wasn’t sure the way the amount of ground beef is printed ?
Does recipe require 2 pounds or 5 pounds ?
Diane April 14, 2023