This modern take on the classic Kimchi stew will have your family coming back for seconds. It has a huge depth of flavor with our Frontier blend bone broth, gochujang, and kimchi. This soup is a must-try this winter! This recipe was created by our friend Ashley over at the local haven.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 pound ground sausage (turkey or chicken would also be delicious)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1” piece ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cups Bonafide Provisions Frontier Blend Bone Broth (Chicken Bone Broth would work as well
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (red chili paste will work too) *optional
- 3 tablespoons Tamarai (soy sauce or coconut aminos sauce will work)
- 1 cup kimchi
- 2 bok choy clusters, separated, larger pieces chopped
- 8oz. Rice noodles
- Green scallions, sliced for garnish
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, warm the oil and add the ground sausage. Cook, breaking up the sausage into small bits until cooked through, but not browned.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Stir in the broth, then add the gochujang (if using), tamari and bok choy. Turn heat to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 minutes until the bok choy is tender.
3. In the meantime, cook your rice noodles according to the package. Once cooked, rinse under cold water and serve into 4 bowls.
4. Add the kimchi to the soup and let sit for another minute to warm the kimchi. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt, tamari, gochujang or more kimchi juice.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and serve the Pork Kimchi Soup over the rice noodles.
6. Garnish with green scallions and serve.