February 26, 2020
The Best Roasted Farro Summer Salad
This farro salad recipe is perfect for summer barbeques or a regular weeknight dish. It is full of flavor from fresh herbs, farro cooked in rich bone broth, and cherry tomatoes roasted to perfection. This is a recipe that won't disappoint and will become a family favorite!
- 4 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cup farro
- 2 cups organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic ghee (plain ghee will work fine too)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Add 4 cups of defrosted bone broth to saucepan and 2 cups farro. Cover pot and allow to simmer on low-medium heat for 20 min or until no broth remains. Farro should be tender but not mushy. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool
- While farro is cooking, preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Place washed and dried cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle ghee over top, covering tomatoes.
- Sprinkle minced garlic clove on top, season with sea salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Roast for 1.5 to 2 hours, tossing every 30 minutes. Tomatoes are done when they are shriveled and blistered.
- While tomatoes are in the oven, combine lemon juice, avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- Once farro and tomatoes are cooled, combine farro, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, fresh herbs, and feta or goat cheese. Toss until well combined.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss until everything is combined. Serve cooled.
- This salad is great stored in the fridge for a few days if you have extra!