January 19, 2021
Spicy Sausage & Kale Soup
Bone broth, spicy sausage, jalapeños, and fresh kale... It doesn't get much better than that! This creamy spicy soup is a must try for a chilly winter night! This recipe was created by our friend Kristin Dyal
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage links
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 sliced jalapeño
- 4 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken bone broth
- 2 cups of packed chopped kale
- 1 can drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- Splash of cream (optional)
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- Heat a large pot on medium high. Take casings off of the sausage links then drop them into the pot along with the onions. Break them up into large chunks and sear for a few minutes on each side.
- Add in the garlic, seasoning, and veggies and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the bone broth, bring to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes on low.
- Add in the beans, cook for another 5-7 minutes, then toss in the kale and splash of cream.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes until the kale is just slightly wilted and enjoy with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese or some crusty bread for dipping.