Tostadas are a great alternative to tacos, and are the perfect vessel for our out of this world carnitas! It's made in the Instant Pot so it's quick & easy, perfect to make ahead or on a week night!
- 4-6 lbs. pork shoulder slightly trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 oranges sliced in half
- 1 lime sliced in half
- 1 cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- Sprouted corn tortilla OR tostadas
- Cotija cheese, cilantro, red onion, and avocado for toppings
- Cut your pork shoulder into large cubes – This helps to cut down on cooking time.
- Season the meat well with spices – garlic salt, chili powder, dried oregano, dried basil, cumin, ground coriander, and sweet paprika.
- Add in the cooking liquids – using bone broth instead of regular broth or water provides the complementary amino acids to the muscle meat (amino acids we are lacking in our diet) – fresh-squeezed orange and lime juice to top it off.
- Then seal the pot and set it to high pressure for 40 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, you’ll need to crisp the tortillas If using regular corn tortillas. Spray tortillas on both sides with avocado oil, then place on baking sheet. Place into the 400 degree F oven for 5 minutes, then flip, and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until they are crispy like a chip.
- Once the 40 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Shred the pork with a knife and fork and you are ready to serve!