December 17, 2019
Whole30 Immune-Boosting Chicken Veggie Soup
Are you lacking in your veggie intake for the day or not feeling well? This immune-boosting soup has got you covered! It's loaded with veggies and bone broth to help support your immune system. This recipe was created by our friend, Tory over at Nourishing The Glow.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
* Tip: Buy pre-cut veggies for a faster prep time
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 3 medium-sized carrots, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 16oz. package CeCe’s Zucchini Veggie Noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 6 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, + 2 sprigs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric, (or more depending on preference)
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- Heat the ghee and olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and carrots, sauté for 2 more minutes. Now add the squash and celery and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add in the zucchini noodles, chicken, and bone broth. Stir until well combined. Now add in the parsley, thyme, garlic powder, turmeric, red chili flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Place a lid over the pot and turn the heat up to high—bring the soup to a boil. Once the soup is boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add/stir in the kale, cooking for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender. (mine took 30 minutes)
Serve in a large bowl!