Don't you just love it when a couple of ingredients can turn your basic ***** chicken into something completely new, delicious, and worthy of serving to your neighbors (all while fitting with any of their possible dietary needs)? Yes! The fun ingredients here are marjoram & artichoke hearts - the rest you definitely have in your kitchen, plus one pan and about 30 minutes start to finish!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ lbs chicken thighs
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 14-oz can compliant artichoke hearts
- ¾ cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Mix all spices together, then season chicken thighs with spices on both sides. Once oil is heated add chicken thighs skin side down, sear for 2-3 minutes, flip, and sear for another 2-3 minutes, then set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for about 2 min, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken back into the skillet, then add the artichoke hearts, pour in bone broth, add in lemon juice, then lay ½ of the lemon slices over the chicken.
- Cover cast iron with foil and put into preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to internal temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from the oven, uncover and let cool. Add the rest of the lemon slices on top, and serve over cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes, or roasted potatoes.