This quick and easy baked rosemary chicken is perfect for a weeknight meal or to make ahead for the week. The sides for a dish like this are endless!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 ½ lbs bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add oil.
- Mix all spices together, then season chicken with spices on both sides. Once oil is heated add chicken thighs skin side down, sear for 2-3 minutes, flip, and sear for another 2-3 minutes, then set aside.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for about 2 min, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken back into the skillet then pour in bone broth and cover cast iron with foil.
- Place into preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to internal temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from the oven, uncover and let cool. Serve over cauliflower mash, bone broth rice, mashed potatoes, or bone broth potatoes au gratin.