This refreshing summer salad is made with bulgur cooked in bone broth for added protein and nutrients, roasted veggies, and pops of fresh lemon juice. It's the perfect accompaniment to your summer BBQ menu!
- 1 ½ cups uncooked bulgur
- 3 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 roasted green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn, roasted/charred on the grill
- 4-6 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, toasted pine nuts, red onion, cucumber
- Add uncooked bulgur and bone broth to stainless-steel saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it starts to rapidly boil, cover the pan and reduce the heat. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the bulgur is tender and most of the bone broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let sit uncovered until bone broth is fully absorbed.
- While the bulgur is cooling, add oil, lemon juice, and fresh cilantro to a bowl. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- Once the bone broth is fully absorbed and bulgur is at room temperature, add in roasted peppers and corn, along with any additional toppings you want. Mix until well combined.
- Drizzle oil and lemon mixture over the bulgur and toss until everything is combined. Serve chilled.