This gluten AND dairy free soup is rich in flavor, packed with whole-food collagen protein, and is guaranteed to be a family favorite!
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup gluten-free or paleo breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Celtic Sea Salt & Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2-3 carrot large sticks, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ribs of celery, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb golden yellow potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth or Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Optional ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined, this works best if you do it with your hands!
- Roll the mixture into bite sized balls and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked to internal temperature of 165.
- While the meatballs are cooking, add avocado oil to a stock pot over medium heat. Once heated, add onion and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes, bone broth, coconut cream, garlic powder, and salt/pepper, and stir until coconut cream is fully combined. Let simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- If you want to add additional liquid, then you can add in the almond milk. It may make the soup runny, so you may have to add an arrowroot slurry.
- Spoon mixture into bowls, then add the meatballs and garnish with fresh parsley.