March 23, 2021
Lemon Orzo Pasta with Fresh Vegetables
This light and flavorful pasta is packed with nutrients and whole-food collagen protein. It's the perfect dish for a party or for a weeknight meal and can be ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 – 2 cups Orzo pasta, cook according to directions on package
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup frozen Green peas
- 1 lb. Asparagus, washed and stems cut, then cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 fresh squeezed lemon, about 2 -3 tbsp
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp No-Salt Added Bonafide Provisions Chicken Broth
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook orzo according to directions on the package.
- While orzo is cooking, heat avocado oil over medium heat in a large cast iron or stainless-steel skillet. Once the skillet is hot, add mushrooms, frozen peas, asparagus, and garlic powder, and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes add 3 tbsp of Bonafide Provisions Chicken Broth to deglaze the pan. Turn the heat to low and let cook until there is no more liquid.
- While that’s cooking, combine minced garlic, lemon, and ¼ cup bone broth in a small dish and whisk until combined, then set aside.
- Once orzo is done, drain to remove all the liquid, then add in vegetables and combine. Slowly drizzle lemon sauce over the pasta and mix until well combined. Finish off with sea salt and black pepper to taste, then grate fresh parmesan after plating.