February 19, 2021
Healthy Chicken Burrito Bowl
This copycat chicken burrito bowl is the perfect recipe to meal prep for the week ahead or to make for a large crowd. It's healthy, packed with whole-food collagen protein, healthy fats, and fiber!
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast
- ¾ cup salsa, can use green, red, spicy, medium, whatever you prefer
- ¾ cup Bonafide Provisions No-Salt Added Chicken Broth
- White rice cooked in bone broth
- 1 can black or pinto beans
- Romain lettuce, washed and chopped
- Avocado, diced
- Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Sour Cream
- Raw shredded cheese
- Add the chicken, salsa, and Bonafide Provisions Chicken Broth to the Instant Pot
- Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes, then do a quick release
- Once pressure is released shred chicken with 2 forks or use handheld mixer for easy shredding. Let the chicken sit and absorb the juices, add extra salsa or chicken broth if needed
- Add the chicken, salsa, chicken bone broth to the Crockpot
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- Once done, shred chicken with 2 forks or use handheld mixture for easy shredding. Add additional salsa or bone broth if needed
- Cook rice according to recipe, 1 part rice to 2 parts bone broth. Once rice is cooked, combine with fresh chopped cilantro, and place in bottom of bowl.
- Add either heated black or pinto beans to bottom of bowl next to rice, then add shredded chicken on top.
- Add romaine lettuce, chopped avocado and cherry tomatoes. Add dairy if desired, then top with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy!