Pizza is ALWAYS a good idea, and these low-carb keto zucchini boats are no exception! Not only are they delicious, they're quick and easy too!
- 4-5 medium sized Zucchini
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 – 1 ½ cups Bone Broth Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Fresh basil for toppings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking dish with avocado oil or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each zucchini long ways, then use a small spoon or melon baller to move the insides, leaving a border around the edge to keep the stuffing in. Sprinkle Celtic sea salt on inside of zucchini and set aside.
- Place pan over medium heat, and brown sausage. Once sausage is almost done add onion, bell pepper, and spinach, and cook for 5 -7 minutes, or until veggies are tender and spinach is wilted.
- Take a paper towel and remove excess moisture from zucchinis, then spoon in sausage mixture. Pour bone broth marinara over the zucchini boats, then top with cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, then turn on the broiler to get the cheese extra bubbly and delicious.
- Remove from oven and serve with fresh chopped basil