Nourishing and satisfying pumpkin curry! This easy recipe is perfect for fall, with warming spices, notes of pumpkin, and nutrient-dense chicken bone broth.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled & chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Chicken Broth or Bonafide Provisions Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 13.5oz. can coconut milk
- Heat avocado oil in large dutch oven or stainless-steel pot over medium heat. Add in bite size chicken pieces and brown, about 3-4 min.
- Add in onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 1-3 min.
- Then add in butternut squash, cauliflower, spices, pumpkin puree, and chicken bone broth. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and cover the pot, stirring occasionally. Cook until butternut squash is fork tender, approx. 20-30 min.
- Once the squash is tender, stir in the coconut milk and let simmer for 5 min. Turn heat off and serve over rice or cauliflower rice, and garnish with fresh herbs.