January 26, 2021
Whole30 Shrimp Scampi
This is one of our FAVORITE Whole30 approved meals to make. It's quick, easy, and so flavorful. The best thing about this dish, it only takes about 15 minutes to make!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined w/tail on
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Celtic sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne
- ¼ cup Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 3-4 Zucchinis, made into zoodles
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Prepare shrimp by washing, peeling and deveining. Set aside onto paper towels and pat dry. Season shrimp with sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, make sure to get both sides of the shrimp.
- Heat ghee and avocado oil in stainless steel pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 2-3 min, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in seasoned shrimp and sauté until shrimp start to get pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in Bonafide Provisions Vegetable Broth, lemon juice and lemon zest and simmer for 1 min or until the shrimp are completely cooked.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and toss to combine the sauces with the noodles. Don’t let the noodles cook for too long, as they easily become mushy. We want to quickly heat them and make sure they’re coated in the sauce.
- Plate shrimp and zoodles and top with fresh chopped parsley.